We promote long-term benefits
in health, education and
family economic and emotional stability.
- Nicaragua is the second poorest country in the Western Hemisphere following Haiti.
- 46% of the population of 6 million lives below the UN multidimensional poverty indicator (MPI) which reflects household deprivation in education, health and living standards.
- Over a third of the populations is younger than 14 yr.
- A third of teen girls become pregnant before 18 yr.
- Nicaragua has the highest teen pregnancy rate in Latin America and one of the highest in the world. World Population Prospects: The 2017 Revision. United Nations
Click below to read about our accomplishments in Project Opportunity Newsletters: