- Constructed preschool "Gotitas de Esperanza" to serve 50 children (2011)
- Installed tile flooring and fencing (2012-13)
- Provided teacher training (2012)
- Hired preschool teacher (2013)
- Replaced pit latrines with bathroom (2014)
- Upgraded wiring and built bodega (2015)
- Constructed shaded toddler play area (2016)
- Replaced tin roofs, fans, built wall (2017)
Preschool families dug the cavernous holes
for the septic system.
Project Opportunity built this bathroom with a 4-faucet low sink and 4 toilets.
Each year we collaborate with community preschools to provide materials, classroom assistance, teacher training and facilities improvements. Our contributions include:
Project Opportunity identifies preschoolers with special needs and provides individualized attention to address their difficulties. We purchase and distribute needed supplies such as crayons, scissors, children's books and teacher materials to 6 community preschool classrooms.